Friday, July 25, 2008

Troubles Swapped for Something Fresh

You'll be noticing some changes here at Melancholy Sideshow over the next few weeks. I'll be doing a little housekeeping--the filler, diatribes and most of the videos will being going away to clear space for a more writing and poetry-centered experience. Since this originally began as a space to park my poetry, the new focus is, essentially, a return to my (net) roots. The rants, photos, videos, etc. will likely find their way to a new space and I'll be sure to keep you apprised of their progress but, for now, I'm deciding to get serious (well, as serious as I can get) about writing.

The reason? I've been getting some positive attention for my work lately and I'm beginning to see a future in it. My story Stranded in Kosmas was just nominated for inclusion in The Best Creative Nonfiction, Vol. 3 published by W.W. Norton and my poem Poetry Finds Static will be coming out in the anthology Troubles Swapped for Something Fresh: manifestos and unmanifestos edited by Stride Magazine founder Rupert Loydell from U.K. publisher Salt Publishing. It will be featured alongside such names as Nick Pionbimo, former Birmingham, England poet laureate David Hart, and Jackson Mac Low...JACKSON MAC LOW! I'm humbled and honored (but not so humbled that I won't brag a little here). I'll provide a link when it goes on sale.

Anyway, I have several works in various forms of completion and my intent is to start "putting it out there" and, perhaps, a more polished, focused blog presence will help with that. At least that's my intent. Thanks to all of you who have supported me in my journey.

BTW, the previous post is a poem by Geoff Stevens who is featured in the anthology as well.

2 comments:

elan said...

very big congrats to you!

kaycee said...

Way to go Mr.K.

It's almost your birthday as well, though I do not have as steel a mind trap as you and will more than likely miss the actual date, so happy day.
Love love love